Oden's General Store

Then - 1940's

Oden's General Store was founded, along with Oden's Fish House, prior to 1923 by Litchfield Gaskill and his brother-in-law, Dan Oden (pictured below). Dan eventually became the sole proprietor of the store and the fish house.  

Photo courtesy of the University of Louisville Photographic Archives

Photo courtesy of Irene Midgett Bancale

Now - April, 2002

Today, the old store is gone and in it's place is a new store named Nedo (Oden spelled backwards). Dan Oden's grandson, Mark Oden (below) is now the proprietor of the store.

Ray Midgett